FEATURE OF THE MONTH

[Letter013] : Overseas Filipino Workers

Saturday, December 9, 2017

Fishtails should've bigger brains!

So people learnt to fly.

Born from men of the seas left their monopolized land.

You said you'll bring us tomorrow.

You said there is a brighter future!

But our children learnt as they grow, that

Achievements lodges Overseas.

---

I've heard that our Mayor rejected to renew the small bancas' permit to fish. I belong to the third generation of the last man to fish our bay. For the last two years as I visited my granma's house, I always managed to idly visit the bay and burnt the flashes of nostalgia. The place wasnt as festive. The place was dying. Rejecting their permits would even extinguish our ancestry. We were born fishermen. The second generation saw there is fruitless labour and became practical. They left and went overseas. My last concern lies how the government sees us. Does he see out of 10 families, 9 of them have their parent earning money out of the country? His family has been sitting for almost 2 decades (as far as I can remember) and how grave the end-results of your services were.

---
There are things we see but we wouldnt execute. The men of the seas deserve better.
 20170831_162313

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

 
BTEMPLATE BY D-BLOGS || (c) 2017/July3 - 2017 || EDITED BY ADJOURNB3